REFLECTIONS ON 1989 FOR TODAY’S YOUNG PEOPLE
“What is your revolution today? What are the most important questions you would like to ask the European Parliament? How do you think social change should be supported? For what cause are you willing to commit yourself in Europe?”
My Revolution project – born within the Europe for Citizens-European Remembrance programme – encourages young Europeans to reflect on these questions, taking as food for though the movements and protests related to the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
In April, there will be workshops and meetings, held in each country in collaboration with schools and youth centres: sixty young people between 15 and 25 years old will collect the reflections emerged and the proposals made.
Afterwards, during the transnational conferences that will be held in Krakow and Vienna, more than 80 youth representatives from the various countries will meet to discuss the requests and to write the European Youth Manifesto together.
During a round table talk at the European Parliament in Brussels, 20 young people will have the opportunity to present the Manifesto to the MEPs, to the tables of the European Commission and to the permanent representatives of the Member States.
MyRevolution 1989 dates: Infoday of the project, April 9th: online webinar addressed to educators and teachers with the aim of presenting the project and listening to the experiences of previous editions. National workshops, April 2020: webradio, photography and video online workshops with young people from Bologna. The artistic-expressive forms are the tool of non-formal, participatory and interactive education.
MyRevolution 1989 dates:
- Infoday of the project, April 9th: online webinar addressed to educators and teachers with the aim of presenting the project and listening to the experiences of previous editions.
- National workshops, April 2020: webradio, photography and video online workshops with young people from Bologna. The artistic-expressive forms are the tool of non-formal, participatory and interactive education.
- National conference, 11th June 2020: online meeting dedicated to the workshops participants to elaborate concrete proposals to address issues of the country. The day includes the online meeting of the young Italians with the Slovenes ones.
- First Virtual International Conference, 15th-17th July 2020: Groups of young representatives from the four partner countries participate in interactive workshops and debates.
- Second International Conference in Vienna, 24th-27th September 2020: the exchange of ideas and opinions of groups of youth representatives continues with the collective drafting of the “Central European Manifesto”.
- Advocacy Seminar and Round Table at the European Parliament, Brussels, November 2020: concluding phase of the process, with the presentation of the Central European Youth Manifesto.
My Revolution is implemented by four non-governmental organisations (WeWorld–GVC, Italy; Sudwind, Austria; BRF, Poland; Focus, Slovenia), Informagiovani of the Municipality of Bologna and the Institute for Adult Education in Vienna (VHS) within the Europe for Citizens-European Remembrance programme.